We will be somewhere over the Atlantic in just two weeks. While in-country we will be visiting several orphanages where the day-to-day needs are great. The nannies work very hard to make do with what they have, and so appreciate any items that come to them via adoptive families. Their needs/wants are not extravagant - just practical items that help tremendously to care for the little ones awaiting families.
We would be thrilled to deliver items if any of you would like to donate to the orphanages. No pressure, but we love to help and wanted to extend that ministry opportunity to our friends. No shipping costs . . . we'll deliver the items right into the hands of the nannies!
Below is a list of their current needs:
- Children's clothing (new or slightly used only); boys' or girls', sizes 0-8 years. Clothing needs include day clothes, pajamas, underwear and shoes
- Diapers for up to 30 pounds
- Toys to stimulate babies such as colorful objects, rattles, etc. that are appropriate for babies up to 2 years.
- Unscented baby wipes
- Powder baby formula with DHA/RHA (MUST be one of the following brands to keep their diets consistent: Enfamil, Similac, Parents Coice from WalMart, Target's generic formula, Kirkland formula from Costco)
- A&D Original Ointmen, Diaper Rash and All-Purpose Skincare Formula
- Hand sanitizer
- Underwear for the older kids (8-14 years old)
- Clothes for older kids (especially trousers, dresses)
- Multivitamins: (Tri-vi-sol (0-6 mos.), Poly-vi-sol (6 mos. - 2 yrs), Chewable multi-vitamins (2 to 9 years), Adult multi-vitamin (9 yrs. +)
- Tylenol (acetaminophen): Infants, Children's, Suppository
- Syringes for giving medications (5mL)
- Plastic disposable gloves
- Baby nose saline spray
- Mouth and nose masks
- Benadryl liquid/elixir
- Permetherin for scabies
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste and floss
If you would like to donate any of the items above, you can either contact me via email or by leaving a message here on the blog. For those of you with my phone number, feel free to call. I will be happy to pick items up to save you a trip.
THANK YOU so much. We will take loads of photos so you can see the nannies and little ones your kindness helps.